More

    New blockchain Luna 2.0 to launch Friday

    The existing LUNA token will be called LUNC, while the new LUNA 2.0 token will be known as LUNA. The new chain will airdrop LUNA coins to holders of LUNC (Luna Classic), USTC (UST Classic), and aUST (staked UST).

    When will Luna 2.0 airdrop take place?

    The LUNA 2.0 genesis block will take place on May 27, 2022, at which point 30% of the LUNA airdrop will be distributed, with the remaining 70% distributed over two years with a six-month cliff. The cliff means that after six months, customers will begin to get the remainder of their airdrop at a rate of roughly 3.9 percent every month.

    “At Genesis, Pre-Attack users with less than 10k LUNA (including staking derivatives) or deposited UST in Anchor will receive 30% of the LUNA airdrop immediately, and post-Attack users with any quantity of LUNA (including staking derivatives), UST, or both will receive 30% of the LUNA airdrop immediately.”

    To “preserve network security,” all airdropped tokens will be immediately staked. LUNA that has not yet been vested can be removed at any time. Vested LUNA, on the other hand, will be staked in accordance with the aforesaid schedule. Investors, on the other hand, appear to be able to claim their benefits at any time.

    “If a user wants liquid LUNA as soon as their cliff starts, they’ll need to undelegate their staked, vested LUNA at least 21 days before the start of their cliff,” says the FAQ. On the other hand, Table 4 of the medium postings says that bridging LUNA will be “provided at a later date.”

    LUNA tokens that will not be included in LUNA 2.0

    Any LUNA currently held in the bridge contract will be set aside “as part of the community pool for distribution after the chain starts,” according to the contract.

    As a result, investors holding LUNA tokens that are bridged off of Terra, such as Wormhole or wLUNA, may want to convert to LUNA tokens before the snapshot. The following are the conditions in which the airdrop will not be available, according to the medium post.

    Supported tokens, exchanges, and chains

    The table below summarises everything that will be included in the LUNA 2.0 airdrop. Binance, Huobi, Bybit, Bitrue, Bitfinex, Kraken, FTX, Gate.io, OKX, and Bitget will airdrop LUNA to investors who held it before the snapshot or who held it during the snapshot on May 26.

    Other exchangers may possibly enable the airdrop. However, Terraform Labs has not confirmed this. Swissborg, for example, recently informed its users that it is working on sending the LUNA 2.0 airdrop to users, despite the fact that it does not list LUNC.

    Swissborg identifies UST as a token, and its users will most likely receive a LUNA 2.0 airdrop. Many exchanges around the world are grappling with the technical difficulties of resolving this problem.

    Stay in the Loop

    Get the daily email from CryptoNews that makes reading the news actually enjoyable. Join our mailing list to stay in the loop to stay informed, for free.

    Latest stories

    You might also like...